Housekeeper in Ickenham, London
A client with a slow progressive disease that affects muscles. In condition for almost ten years, use a wheelchair /electric scooter but fairly self-sufficient. The client works and lives with 3 children (21, 18, 17 yo). The children are always out and as a family they need housekeeping help, involving cleaning, laundry, some cooking etc. Additionally need some help with dressing/undressing and, because he tends to fall, some company when the children are out. Finally, someone to drive to work and back (30-40 min drive) and also drive to do various errands at weekends.
The typical working week (Mon to Fri) would be:
7.30 start with making breakfast, tidying up the house and help me to get ready to leave the house at 9.30 am. Drive to work.
10.30am to 6.00pm free.
6.00 pm collect from work and drive home. Then continue housekeeping tasks until 9 pm (including having dinner with us).
Weekend would be flexible: can have either Sat or Sun free and the other day help with shopping, cooking etc. for a total of 6-8 hours.
Therefore the total number of weekly hours would be 36-38.
What the family can offer:
- A bedroom with share bathroom in West London (near Uxbridge). High speed broadband is available in the house.
- Pocket money of £350 per week + additional £100 per week for driving
- a contribution of £20 a week towards public transport (during free time)
- 3 weeks paid holidays per year (pro rata) and a contribution of up to £500 towards an airline ticket.
Holidays should not be requested during the first 4 months and at least one month in advance. If this arrangement does not work out a two week notice period for both sides.
This position could suit someone who is capable of lifting.
- confident driver
- fluent English/ Italian speaker
- ability to learn